Application and Enrolment Procedure at Maarif Schools of Sarajevo for Year 1 of IB Diploma Programme (Added as an example)
Candidates applying for IBDP Year 1 should finish year 2 of any four-year high school program in Bosnia and Herzegovina or other countries. Criteria for admission in IBDP Year 1 as well as the number of candidates to be accepted into the program is determined by the school and includes common and additional criteria.
Common criteria include:
- Grade Point Average (GPA) from all subjects in the first two years of high school must not be less than 4.00 according to the national grading system.
- Final subject grades in Bosnian language, English language, and Mathematics in the first two years of any four-year high school must not be less than 4.00. If the candidate does not have 4.00 in one of the mentioned subjects, the candidate will have the opportunity to enter an entrance exam for the mentioned subjects and gain the needed points.
- For international students, the grade of their first language will be counted as Bosnian Language, unless the first language is English. In that case, the grade/points from English will be counted twice.
Additional criteria include:
- The behavior grade in the first two years of any four-year high school must not be less than very good according to the national grading system.
- The candidate must attend an interview with the IBDP coordinator and school psycholgist/pedagogue.
Needed documentation for application:
- Application Form (download from the following link or at school’s PR premises):
- Certificate of Citizenship (a certified copy or original)
- Birth Certificate (a certified copy or original)
- A passport copy only for foreign candidates (The first page with identification information is needed)
- School certificates:
The first grade of high school (for foreign citizens a certified Bosnian translation of the document is needed)
The second grade of high school (for foreign citizens a certified Bosnian translation of the document is needed)
Please send complete documentation by mail to the address: Maarif Schools of Sarajevo, Hasiba Brankovića 2A, 71000 Sarajevo, Bosna i Hercegovina (marked "IBDP enrollment documentation") or bring directly to the PR premises of the school, or scanned to IBDP coordinator (to email address: firstname.lastname@example.org).
Enrollment deadline: until August 31.
The candidates will be informed about the enrolment procedure, interview and possible entrance exam after the registration.
Enter your email address to subscribe to Maarif Digital publications for free.
You can write to us for anything you want to know about our school.